Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, September 3, 2011

'Inside Out' by Maria V. Snyder

For months I had been hearing so much praise for this book, but for some reason didn't pick it up until recently. I ended up borrowing it up from my library and diving in shortly later. Overall, I flew through this book, really wanting to know what was going to happen and understand this world more.

One aspect that I really loved was this crazy, mixed up world that Snyder created. I loved the mystery to world, not only to the reader but also to the characters of the story. It left you wondering throughout, about their society and was really original how she made the characters as uncertain about the truth as the reader.

I did at times feel as though it was a little slow, with many scenes being the same as the one before. Luckily though, it did pick up for the second half of the book and really started to make the reader invested in the world.

The only aspect that I was a bit disappointed in came through the characterization. I never really related or connected to Trella. I did find her to be very unique though, since she was one of the out casts and loners within Inside. I just wish I felt a bit one connected to her and some of the other characters, like Riley, a character that I wish she devoted more time to and developed further. Hopefully that will come in the next book though, 'Outside In.'

Overall, I definitely did enjoy this read and cannot wait to see what happens in the next book. I often got so wrapped in the world of Inside, since it was described so vividly. I have really been loving books with setting so unlike our own, that the world of Inside really drew me in.

Overall rating: 3.5 / 5 stars

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Maria V. Snyder's works! It did take me a while to connect to Trella though, but i really enjoyed this book and Outside In too. I was disappointed to hear there won't be a third book to the series.

Post a Comment