Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading? [5]



'It's Monday! What are you reading?' is a meme hosted by Book Journey and consists of sharing what you have read this past week, what you hope to read this week, and whatever else fits in too. I have participated in this meme a few times and really have enjoyed reading everyone's list of books. I find this meme, as well as others, are great way to learn about new books, as well as blogs. I haven't done this specific one in a couple of weeks so I thought I would jump back in this week. So here are my books:

 Finished Recently:
A few days ago, I finished re-reading 'The Giver' by Lois Lowry. It had been quite a few years since I read this one and thought it would be a great way to start a read-a-thon I was participating in. I absolutely loved it this time around and still recommend this.

Reading Now:
I am currently reading 'A Great and Terrible Beauty' by Libba Bray, the first book in the trilogy. I don't know why I delayed reading this so much because I really am enjoying it, just like everyone told me I would. I should be able to finish tonight.

To Read Next:
I really like to mix up the lengths of my books that I read because I find it hard to get through a 500 page book after 400 page book. So, next I plan to start reading 'The Sky Always Hears Me: And the Hills Don't Mind' by Kirstin Cronn-Mills.

So there they are! Comment below if you have read any of these and let me know your thoughts on them. And also make sure to link your 'It's Monday! What are you Reading?' if you are participating this week. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I truly enjoyed A Great and Terrible Beauty, enjoy. Have a wonderful week.
My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-52.html

The1stdaughter said...

The Giver is one of my all time favorite reads. So incredibly good!

Hope you have a fabulous reading week and if you get a second stop my to see what I've been reading at There's A Book! :)

Lex Write said...

I love the Libba bray series. They are so good. thanks for visiting my blog

jowearsoldcoats said...

My friend lent me the Libba Bray series a couple of weeks ago, I've not gotten round to reading it though.

I'm glad you liked it :)

The Sky Always Hears me is on my TBR list as well, looking forward to your review!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying A Great and Terrible Beauty. I liked the 'normal' parts of the book but the supernatural bits I didn't like. Hope you like it better. Have a good week.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I have had The Giver on my shelf forever and still need to read it. Thanks for doing the meme, I too find books to add to my list through it.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on "A great and terrible beauty". "Heist Society" is in my TBR and post this week too :)

pussreboots said...

The Giver is an excellent books. I haven't read the other two books in the series but I plan to. I'm posting late this week because I've been on a trip to the mountains and out of reach of the internet. Please come see what I've read.

Post a Comment