Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Top 10 Tuesday [3] : Underrated Books

So I have really enjoyed participating in this meme the last two times I've done it. So when I saw what the list would be for this week, I knew I wanted to participate again. So this meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and involves doing a top ten list on a certain topic that is posted.

This week is a top ten list of books that you feel are underrated. My list is of books that I don't notice getting a lot of attention, but still may be ones you are familiar with. So here is my list:



1. 'Sold' by Patricia McCormick
2. 'A Separate Peace' by John Knowles
3. 'The Glass Castle' by Jeannette Walls
4. 'A Northern Light' by Jennifer Donnelly
5. 'Survivor' by Chuck Palahniuk
6. 'The Butterfly Garden' by Chip St. Clair

I could list a few more, but thought I'd stop with these because I feel they are the top of my list. Make sure to leave a link below to your top ten Tuesday so I can make sure to stop by and look at your recommendations. If you aren't up for doing a post, or don't blog, please leave at least a few below in the comments. Thanks!

9 comments:

Sash and Em said...

A Separate Peace was so good. Nice pick.

Check out my Top 10!

Trish said...

Yes, A Separate Peace and Glass Castle were both very good books! Sold looks interesting too. I'll have to take a closer look at that one.

Lisa said...

I loved A Northern Light. Jennifer Donnelly's writing is so poetic and beautiful. Great choice.

Willa said...

Palahniuk is such a great writer, I don't get why he isn't more popular in the blogosphere.

Marce said...

I agree with Glass Castle,everyone should read that.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I agree with you about SOLD and A NORTHERN LIGHT. Both are wonderful reads.

Anne
My Head is Full of Books

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've never read Chuck...afraid he'd be too violent for my tastes.

Here's my Top Ten post for this week: Top Ten Underappreciated Books
And don't forget to stop in and sign up to win in the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

LBC said...

Good choices. I remember loving A Separate Peace. I also saw Sold at the bookstore the other day and was intrigued.

Check out mine at The Scarlet Letter.

Alison Can Read said...

I really want to read A Northern Light. I loved Revolution and want to read all her others.

Post a Comment