Most of my reviews on here will be young adult novels, but a few will be just normal fiction. I thought this one would be a good one to post because although it is not young adult by any means, I still as a 20 year old really enjoyed it.I want to start by saying this is an adult fiction book for a reason and that I would personally only recommend for readers that are at least 15 or 16 years old.
What I think really made me love this book was a combination of Chuck's writing style, characterization, and original storylines. He wrote the main character, Tender Branson, so well and believeable as the last survivor of a Creedish Church mass suicide. The plot was depressing at time, like expected, but pulled me so into his story that I could not put it down. The story of him and how he came to make decisions in his life gives you such a realistic look into a cult member, that you cannot help but feel every pain with him.
Overall, I will just say that I loved this book and now want to get my hands on my own copy. I have a few more of his works on my tbr pile, so expect to see those in the near future. This is a book I could not stop thinking about for days and is one I will definitely be reading again.
Overall rating:5 / 5 stars
























2 comments:
I've never read any of Chuck Palahniuk's books, although I have always wanted to. Fight Club is my absolute favorite movie, so I thought I'd start with that one, but it is always checked out of the library.
Sounds interesting. I STILL haven't started Fight Club yet though, so it will have to wait!
http://ruthsteven.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment