This trilogy is about a girl named Chloe who is sixteen years old and she starts seeing ghosts. After an incident at school, she is sent to Lyle House, which at first seems pretty normal and okay. Chloe creates some friends, and enemies, quickly and gets to know why they are all at Lyle House. This first book in the trilogy introduces all the characters at Lyle House and Chloe's growing suspicion that things aren't as they seem.I will say that it did take me awhile to get into this book because I did find the beginning a bit slow and like not much was revealed until the second half of the book. But once it started to pick up, I really enjoyed the characters and story Armstrong put into writing. They were so real and raw, something that really made them stick in my brain, long after I finished the book.
Overall, I found this book to be original and suspenseful. I cannot wait to read the next. It leaves the reader with a huge cliffhanger that makes you feel for the characters and care what is going to happen to them. So if you are a fan of paranormal YA, this definitely one you need to pick up and the gorgeous cover doesn't hurt either.
Photo credit: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2800905-the-summoning
Overall rating: 3.5 / 5 stars
Recommend for: YA paranormal fans
























1 comments:
I pretty much felt the same way about this book but I gave it a 4.... since i don't have the half starts or else i probably would have gave it a 3 1/2. thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Diana
ps. could have sworn I became a follower last time i stopped by!?..... I'm a new follower now :)
Post a Comment