Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, January 20, 2012

TGIF [9]: 1/20/2012

TGIF was started over at GReads! where the blogger re-caps their posts during the past week and answers the question that is proposed for that specific Friday. I haven't participated in a couple months, so here is me trying to back back in the swing of it since it is one of my favorites to do. [:

Recommend It: Which book from the last 10 you've read would you recommend to a friend? So I am actually going to recommend two books from the last ten that I have read. I can't decide between these two so am just going to go with two so there is a better chance you haven't read it. [: I will also link my review so you can check that out as well. So here they are!

1. 'Unwind' by Neal Shusterman - I have really been loving dystopian lately and this was no exception. I feel not as many people have read this as some others, but it is definitely one of my favorite dystopians so far. Definitely check it out. There are rumors out there that a sequel in the works, so keep an eye out for that as well. I definitely plan on looking into more of his books.

2. 'Unlovable' by Sherry Gammon - Really enjoyed all the elements that Gammon pulled into this one. It was a great contemporary story with equal parts crime and equal parts suspense. Really enjoyed this and recommend checking it out. The main character, Maggie, continues to pull at you heart throughout the story and I loved the development of both Maggie and Seth. And I cannot forget Maggie's mother, a big storyline that still manages to not overshadow everything else.

And now for the recap of my last week of posts. You can click on the link to be taken to the post.
1. TGIF [8]: 1/13/2012
2. In My Mailbox [18]
3.  Review: 'Fracture' by Megan Miranda
4. Waiting on Wednesday [18]

And that is it! Make sure to comment below and leave a link to your TGIF, if you participated this week.

9 comments:

Nicki said...

Thanks for stopping by. I haven't heard of either of these books before but I will definitely be checking out Unwind, I really enjoy dystopia novels. Thanks for the recommendation. Have a great weekend :-)

Unknown said...

Nice recommendations!
I'm definitely putting this two on my to-read list.
New follower btw! :D

My TGIF

Jennifer @ Bad Bird Reads said...

I haven't heard of either book. They sound pretty good though. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.

Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

TP said...

The covers for both these books look amazing. I have Unwind on my TBR list.

Alexa S. said...

I've only heard of Unlovable. Unwind looks really interesting though, so it's going onto my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

Laura D. said...

I love Dystopians, but haven't heard of Unwind. I'll have to go check it out!

Laura @ The Traveling Owl

Jasmine Rose said...

Unwind is so good. I read it quite some time ago and I really loved it. I remember bawling my eyes out while I was reading it :P

Racquel (A Book Barbie) said...

Unwind looks very creepy,I"M INTRIGUED! I've heard lots of good things about Unlovable lately, I think I'm going to need to bump it up to read soon!

follower♥
My TGIF & FF((:
-thank you&come again.

LupLun said...

Y'know, I had Unwind on my off-topic TBR, but it fell off. Maybe I ought to put it back on there. The premise certainly has potential.

-LupLun
Shooting for the Moon

Post a Comment