.png)
Recommend A... is hosted by Vy's Blog. Future Monday prompts can be found here as well as more information on this feature. All you have to do to join in is answer the week's prompt and add your link through Vy's current post.
This week's prompt is: Recommend A... Book With Your Favorite cover. There are a lot of gorgeous covers out there, but for my pick I went with one that isn't overwhelming, is aesthetically pleasing, and captures the story very well. And my pick is:
by Ransom Riggs
It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive.
A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows. [Synopsis from Goodreads] My Review
Not only is this one of my favorite covers, but it also fits the story very well. I also really like the cover of the sequel, 'Hollow City,' and was lucky enough to meet Ransom in January 2014 and get both of my hardcovers signed. They are overall beautifully crafted books, inside and outside, and I love how they look on my shelf! :)
Comment below and let me know what you thought of 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children,' or if you hope to read it soon. My review of the book can be found here. Also leave a link to your Recommend A... post, if you participated this week.

























2 comments:
I've been meaning to read this book for so long, and it's been sitting on my shelf just waiting and calling out for me. Everyone seems to be talking about it and the second book, and just HOW AMAZING both of them are. So I'll have to get to it next month!
Lisa
www.turningpages94.blogspot.com
I can't believe I still haven't read this! The cover looks amazing though.
Thanks for the recommendation :)
Post a Comment