Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. This feature highlights a future release that you are eagerly waiting to come out.
'A Mad, Wicked Folly'
by Sharon Biggs Waller
Length: 448 pages (hardcover)
Expected Publication: January 23rd 2014
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Welcome to the world of the fabulously wealthy in London, 1909, where dresses and houses are overwhelmingly opulent, social class means everything, and women are taught to be nothing more than wives and mothers. Into this world comes seventeen-year-old Victoria Darling, who wants only to be an artist—a nearly impossible dream for a girl.
After Vicky poses nude for her illicit art class, she is expelled from her French finishing school. Shamed and scandalized, her parents try to marry her off to the wealthy Edmund Carrick-Humphrey. But Vicky has other things on her mind: her clandestine application to the Royal College of Art; her participation in the suffragette movement; and her growing attraction to a working-class boy who may be her muse—or may be the love of her life. As the world of debutante balls, corsets, and high society obligations closes in around her, Vicky must figure out: just how much is she willing to sacrifice to pursue her dreams?
[Synopsis from Goodreads]
First off I love the cover of this. Secondly, I love the title for some reason. And thirdly, it sounds like it has all the makings for a historical fiction romance, + London. I definitely want to give this one a go, hopefully it is good. [: Comment below on your thoughts about 'A Mad, Wicked Folly' and link your WoW, if you participated this week.

























9 comments:
I've read this, and I LOVED IT. The story is awesome, and the design of it is just gorgeous. I hope you love it when you read it! Great pick!!
My WoW!
Rachel @ Paper Cuts
I'm going to have to add this to my list. Great pick!
My WoW
Sounds very interesting. Great pick!
My WoW
ooh great pick! I heard amazing things about this book and can't wait to read it. And yes I love the title and the cover too. I think this book will give me a good laugh.
Thanks for sharing and for stopping by.
I've been hearing a lot of great things about this one here lately!! I just might have to pick it up! Plus that cover is just beautiful!! :) Thanks for sharing
My WoW
Really stoked about this one too!!! Nice choice! :)
My WoW: http://geekychiquitas.blogspot.com/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-city-of-heavenly.html?m=1
This one sounds very good. Have to put it on my TBR list.
Thanks for sharing!
I have seen this one a couple of time for this week's WoW, so a lot of people are definitely anticipating this one, including myself. Great pick and thanks for stopping by!
Vyki @ On The Shelf
It does seem like it would be an interesting tell. I wonder if she really would give it all up for her muse.
My WoW
Post a Comment