Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday [11] : Characters I Don't Want to Switch Places With

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish so head over there if you want more information or want to participate. This week is a top ten worlds you would never want to live in or top ten characters you would never want to switch places with. I am going to go with the top six characters I would not want to switch places with.


1. Clarke from 'The 100' by Kass Morgan: Although I think being sent down to Earth for the first time would be a great adventure, the likelihood of death is a bit too high for me since these teens are sent pretty much as expendable guinea pigs.

2. Mia or Midori from '172 Hours on the Moon' by Johan Harstad: In normal circumstances a trip to the moon would be amazing, but let's just say things aren't as expected up there in this story and I would never want to be on that trip with them.

3. Ender from 'Ender's Game' by Orson Scott Card: Ender is sent to Battle School in space, in order to train to be a military leader as Earth is under attack. Sound stressful much?

4. Rhine from 'Wither' by Lauren DeStefano: Being kidnapped and then sold as a bride, in a world where people die so young, seems like a pretty crappy way to live.

5. Risa from 'Unwind' by Neal Shusterman: Not only does Risa live in a horrible dystopian world where she is to be "unwound," she also had to grow us as a ward of the state. Girl cannot catch a break.

6. Alex from 'Ashfall' by Mike Mullin: Alex has to survive through a super volcano's eruption and then search for his family. No thanks.

I could definitely list quite a few more, especially a lot of dystopian worlds, but I am going to stop there. If you participated in this week's Top Ten Tuesday, make sure to link it below so I can stop by. Or definitely let me know of your picks below! I am sure a lot of people are putting dystopian books for this feature, but I would love to see your lists! Thanks! 

3 comments:

Jacque said...

I haven't read the other series, but I definitely wouldn't want to be Rhine. I included Wither in my top ten this week as well. Great list!!

Here is my TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/01/top-ten-tuesday-worlds-id-never-want-to.html

Anonymous said...

I definitely don't want to be Rhine! Her world is very scary! Great list :-)

Farhana Reads said...

I haven't read any of the books you mentioned. They seem like something I'd enjoy reading. I'll made a mental note to list them all in my TBR pile. Why did this turn into me stacking the never-ending TBR list? Hehe.
Anyway, I wouldn't swap my place with Ender. It sounds depressing, I'd go mental in a heartbeat.
My Top Ten Tuesday

Post a Comment