Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 -Goals & Updates-


http://boutofbooks.blogspot.com/
Below are my goals for the Bout of Books 9.0 read-a-thon that I will be participating in from Monday January 6th through Sunday January 12th. If you want any more information on this read-a-thon, head over to the Bout of Books blog that is set up and dedicated solely to info on the read-a-thon. This is also the post that will host my updates during the read-a-thon and will continuously be updated through the week!

Time Devoted to Reading:
I hope to be able to up my reading everyday of the read-a-thon but I may miss a day if I have other things going on.

My Goals:
Read at least 4 books!
Read 100 more pages of 'A Game of Thrones.'
Read at least two hours a day.
Catch up on reviews during reading breaks.

Books to Read:
'Ghost World' by Daniel Clowes ( 80 / 80 pages )
'A Monster Calls' by Patrick Ness ( 215 / 215 pages )
'The Walking Dead vol. 3, Safety Behind Bars' by Kirkman ( 136 / 136 pages )
'The Ocean at the End of the Lane' by Neil Gaiman ( 181 / 181 pages )
'Fangirl' by Rainbow Rowell ( 180 / 433 pages)
'The Darkest Minds' by Alexandra Bracken ( 0 / 488 pages )
'Beautiful Music for Ugly Children' by Kirstin Cronn-Mills ( 0 / 262 pages )
'A Game of Thrones' by George R.R. Martin ( 106 / 100 more pages during the week)


Monday, January 6th
- Number of books finished today: 1 [Ghost World]
- Number of books read total: 1 [Ghost World]
- Currently reading: A Monster Calls

Challenge #1: Imagine if you will: you've just received some FANTASTIC news! You have won a $100 book buying spree! Now comes the hard part though: what books will you buy?! For this challenge, you'll be creating your book buying spree wish list, and sharing it. Hosted by Bookish Comforts!

Challenge #2: Hosted by Cheap Thrills!
1. Character name: 'Cinder' by Marissa Meyer
2. Adjective1: 'Amy and Roger's Epic Detour' by Morgan Mattson
3. Adjective2: 'Hollow City' by Random Riggs
4. An Item: 'The Girl in the Steel Corset' by Kady Cross
5. Occupation: 'The Iron King' by Julie Kagawa
6. Act of Violence: 'Fight Club' by Chuck Palahniuk
7. Adjective3: 'Pretty Girl-13' by Liz Coley
8. Noun1: 'Anya's Ghost' by Vera Brosgol
9. Noun2: 'On the Fence' by Kasie West


I just read the greatest book!

This girl Cinder ends up in the middle of an epic conspiracy. Turns out her ancestors were pirates, and she might be the key to finding the hollow corset. It's a mythic artifact that disappeared centuries ago, and now a shadowy group of kings are looking for it. No one knows what uncovering it might do, but these guys are willing to fight for it.

I won't say anything else. But believe me, if you like pretty stories with ghosts and fences, you have to read this one.


<Ghost World wasn't be favorite graphic novel ever, but it was enjoyable. Going to start A Monster Calls tonight!>


Tuesday, January 7th
- Number of books finished today: 1 [A Monster Calls]
- Number of books read total: 2 [Ghost World][A Monster Calls]
- Currently reading: The Walking Dead Vol 3

Challenge: How do you fit in as much reading as possible during Bout of Books? How do you squeeze in those extra pages? Hosted by Sarah Says Read!

To fit in more time for reading during the Bout of Books read-a-thon I have been doing a lot of reading in the mornings. Usually I am one to only read at night but I have made time so far this week, and hopefully through the week, to read in the mornings. I also have been taking a book with me almost anywhere I go, in case there is some down time.

<Really loved A Monster Calls and would highly recommend picking it up! Going to finish up The Walking Dead and then head to bed. :)>


Wednesday, January 8th
- Number of books finished today: 1 [The Walking Dead Vol. 3]
- Number of books read total: 3 [Ghost World][A Monster Calls][The Walking Dead Vol. 3]
- Currently reading: The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Challenge: For this challenge, pick a book or a few books that you think would make a great introduction to your genre of choice. Hosted by Doing Dewey!

My two favorite genres are fantasy and science fiction. So I think for science fiction I would recommend 'Across the Universe' by Beth Revis to YA readers. I finished reading the series a few months ago and really enjoyed the whole series and I think it would be a great transition series for readers that want to test out the genre.


Thursday, January 9th
- Number of books finished today: 0
- Number of books read total: 3 [Ghost World][A Monster Calls][The Walking Dead Vol. 3]
- Currently reading: A Game of Thrones

<Wasn't enjoying The Ocean at the End of the Lane as much as I thought I would, so for the rest of the day I am going to take a break from it and read some more of A Game of Thrones. I plan on finishing the last 50 pages of The Ocean at the End of the Lane tomorrow evening.>


Friday, January 10th
- Number of books finished today: 1 [The Ocean at the End of the Lane]
- Number of books read total: 4 [Ghost World][A Monster Calls][The Walking Dead Vol. 3]
                                                            [The Ocean at the End of the Lane]
- Currently reading: A Game of Thrones

Challenge: Open your current book to the last page you read. Using the last word of every line, create a poem or story. Hosted by Never Too Fond of Books!

Page 130 of The Ocean at the End of the Lane: Go, anything, before, us, now, keep, off, clean, home, and, grass, on, quickly, the, get, anything, not, I, on, you, fine, it's, grass, can, me, rhododendron, gone

My poem:
the fine grass before me and you;
on anything I can get clean, it's home now;
keep off the grass, rhododendron;
not anything on us;
go quickly, gone


Saturday, January 11th
- Number of books finished today: 0
- Number of books read total: 4 [Ghost World][A Monster Calls][The Walking Dead Vol. 3]
                                                            [The Ocean at the End of the Lane]
- Currently reading: Fangirl


Sunday, January 12th
- Number of books finished today: 0
- Number of books read total: 4 [Ghost World][A Monster Calls][The Walking Dead Vol. 3]
                                                            [The Ocean at the End of the Lane]
- Currently reading: Fangirl

Challenge: The Bookish Wedding Tag. Hosted by Harley Bear Book Blog!

1. Which fictional character would you marry? Jace Wayland from the Mortal Instruments (sorry Clary)!
2. Who would be your maid of honor? Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door.
3. Which fictional world would you want to get married in? at Hogwarts please. :)
4. Who would you want to play music at your wedding? Roger from Amy and Roger's Epic Detour would be the DJ.
5. Who would be your photographer? Clare from The Time Traveler's Wife (I have only seen the movie, but she was the only one I could come up with).
6. Who would sit at the singles table (and hope they'd fall in love)? Clay from Thirteen Reasons Why and Amber from The Day Before.
7. Who would be your flower girl? Emma from Wintergirls.
8. Who would you want to plan the bachelorette party? Reagan from Fangirl.
9. At the wedding, who would be the first on the dance floor? Adrian from the Vampire Academy series.
10. Who would give a speech or toast? Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss.
11. Who would catch the bouquet? Camryn from The Edge of Never.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you enjoying A Monster Calls? I have heard amazing this about that book and really want to read it, but have so many other "must read" books. You seem to have picked some really interesting books... I think I might have to expand my TBR pile ;) Good luck on your goals!

Kimmie said...

I have A Monster Calls in my TBR for this week. Thanks so much for commenting on my post! You are my first comment. I am now following your blog. :)

Kimmie @ Kimmiesbookbag.blogspot.com

Tânia said...

Hi. I see one of your goals is to read 100 more pages of "A Game of Thrones". I think you're really going to enjoy the book - at least, I liked it very much and I found very difficult to put down the book.

Good luck on your goals for this Bout of books. :)

Riv said...

Game of Thrones is an excellent readathon book (in case you get into it) - the pages just fly by! :)

I love your create a story poem, it's very lyrical considering the restrictions of the challenge.

Post a Comment