Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

'Vampire Academy' by Richelle Mead

Lately I have been falling in love with the Morganville Vampire series and decided to give another vampire series a shot. I ordered the first three books of this series off of walmart.com since it was only $15.

Recently finished reading the first one and already cannot wait to read the next, which I believe is Frostbite.

During probably the first third of this book though, I didn't really care for Rose at all as a main character. But, if you find yourself feeling that too, don't give up on the book, just keep reading. By the end when we start to understand why a dhampir, like Rose, devotes their life to protecting a moroi, and I started to like and understand Rose more and more.

Before I starting reading this I got some advice from a friend of mine and that was to make sure while you read the book to realize that it is part of a six book series. This was very important for me to keep in the back of my head because as a stand along book this would be quite bad, without a huge conflict or resolving action scenes. I think as the series goes on I will start to realize that although this book wasn't the most action packed or suspenseful, that it was really necessary to build up these characters and the vampire world they live in.

With that being said, Richelle Mead did a great job in creating these characters and leaving me attached to them so much that I cannot wait to pick up the next.

Overall rating: 4 / 5 stars
Photo credit: http://us.penguingroup.com/static/packages/us/yreaders/vampireacademy/images/books_vampireacademy_big.jpg

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've seen this series around sooo much, Barnes and Nobles, friends' houses, used book stores, I mean EVERYWHERE! I really need to pick this book up(:

Awesome review though!

Lisa(:
Make sure to come to my blog and check out my current giveaways!:D
Keeper Giveaway!
http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-review-and-interview-keeper.html
50 Follower Giveaway!
http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/2011/05/50-follower-giveaway.html

Lyssa Anne said...

Ooooh. I hope you enjoy this series. I love it. I'm only 2 books into the Morganville Vampires series, and I can't wait to read more. I wish there were more hours in the day.

Thanks for commenting on my blog and following me. I'm following you now too. It's funny that you said you were super excited about Die for Me and Divergent. I actually just bought both of them like right before I saw your comment. I can't wait to read them.

Post a Comment