Although I liked where the premise of this book could go, I overall wasn't a big fan of the execution. It may be the fact that this is the first book, with the sequel recently coming out, something I didn't know until a few days after finishing it.I felt that the story's main focus was the society, which is completely fine, but left me feeling like the characters that were pulled into it were not very developed. I think I would have been more okay with this if the society had been more understandable and the characters weren't left in the dark until the complete end of this book.
Overall, I will say that I did enjoy the book at times, but as a whole left me unsatisfied with no real connection to the four main characters.
I may at some point pick up the next book, 'The Trust,' and my opinion may change as the story goes on. But for now, it isn't at the top of my favorites list.
Overall Rating: 2.5 / 5 stars
Photo credit : http://www.tomdolby.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/secretsociety-hc-c.jpg
























0 comments:
Post a Comment