Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, May 7, 2011

'Looking for Alaska' by John Green

To put it as concise and short as possible, I LOVED this book. :]

If that isn't enough reason for you to pick it up, which it probably isn't, hopefully I can still convince you to.

I was a little unsure about this book when I first started reading reviews on, people either loved it or hated it. But, I finally decided to give it a try. And now that I have finished it, I would highly recommend it to anyone in middle school, high school, or even college aged readers.

I loved the characters Green created for this story, all unique and real in their own ways. The story centers around and is told through the eyes of Pudge, but Green still manages to make you feel for the other characters and quickly make you be able to relate them back to someone in your own life. The plot covers real life issues that impact teenagers, making it one of the most honest and true books I've read in awhile.

So if you have been holding off on picking this up, I say just give it a go. There is a great chance you'll be able to pull something out of it that will leave you speechless. Beautifully written and carefully constructed, and one I will continue to recommend to others.

Overall rating: 5 / 5 stars
photo credit: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/99561.Looking_for_Alaska

1 comments:

DaydreamerN said...

great review! cant wait to read it! hope you have a nice day.

http://letsevaluate.blogspot.com

Post a Comment