Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, August 12, 2011

TGIF [3]: 08/12/2011

TGIF was started over at GReads! where the blogger re-caps their posts during the past week and answers the question that is proposed for that specific Friday. If you would like to check out my post from last Friday, you can do so here.

Author Block Party: If you could gather a handful of authors to hang out with, who would you choose?
This is definitely not a hard question for me. Instead it is just a combo of my favorite authors that I love and some influential ones mixed in too. In terms of favorite right now that I love to just meet, I am going to go with Sarah Dessen, Chuck Palahniuk, Richelle Mead, JK Rowling, and John Green. It is definitely quite a strange mix, from contemporary YA to paranomal fantasy, to even an adult fiction author as well.

Although I love all of those authors right now, there are definitely classic authors that I worship. I think for that list, I would want to hang out with Jane Austen, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and George Orwell.

I must say that having all these authors in one place would definitely be interesting and something I would want to see.

And now for the re-cap of my last week of posts. Click on each one to be taken to that post, if you wanna check it out. I didn't have a lot of time to write reviews this week, that's why you will find a lot of memes  and updates below. But I promise to get back in my swing of reviewing soon. =]

1. Review: 'Shadow Kiss' by Richelle Mead
2. Meme: Top 10 Tuesday on Underrated Books
3. News: My first giveaway winner announced

And that's it! Make sure to leave a link to your TGIF or post in the comments your answer to the question! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

7 comments:

Steph (Poetry to Prose) said...

Woot, we have some of the same authors listed and I definitely dig the others, too. Sounds like fun! :D

Have a great weekend!

Reading Inspired Writing said...

Loved Will Grayson. Can't wait to read more John Green. Love funny. Thanks for sharing.
Stop by if you get a chance

Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com

Buzzed Sweetness said...

I know J.K. Rowling's going to be a popular choice today. :-) New follower.

Lydia @ Sensual Ride

http://sensualride.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-memes_12.html

Anonymous said...

Oooh Jane Austen. It would be brilliant to talk to the author of Pride and Prejudice, one of my favourite books ever! Great list :)

Anonymous said...

You have a great choice of authors! I completely forgot to add in the classics but I most likely would have chosen the exact same ones as you!
-Katelyn

mrs_laura_koehler said...

O yes what a mix but a good one. I would have loved to have met Jane austin she is my all time fav. great picks

Unknown said...

Jane Austen is a must have. I can just imagine her asking for tea and then talking in that wonderfully elaborate voice she has in her novels. :D Thanks for stopping by my blog! New follower.

Post a Comment