
So the first book was by far the best to me. I really enjoyed reading the story about Janie, who unwillingly would be sucked into people's dreams. I had never read a book like it before and loved how original it was. I also really enjoyed how realistic and raw her relationship with Cabel became. Overall, I almost became absorbed into the dreams with Janie and wanted to pick the next two up right way.
Next came 'Fade,' which left me disappointed. I felt the development of the story and execution just wasn't the same. I overall just didn't enjoy the story as much and felt it wasn't as fresh and original as the first.
Lastly there is 'Gone,' which I enjoyed at first but then when the story took a turn, I started to not enjoy it. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I just didn't enjoy the aspect that she decided to focus the whole book on. The whole storyline just came off as depressing and not as hopeful as the first two.Looking back I can still see what I loved so much about the first book but just wish that the next two stayed at the same level. I would say that I recommend 'Wake' but think it would be better as a stand alone book. I cannot go back and stop after the first book, but would recommend that to people that want to read it.
'Wake' Rating: 4 / 5 stars
'Fade' Rating: 3 / 5 stars
'Gone' Rating: 2 / 5 stars


























1 comments:
Great mini-reviews. I really liked Wake a lot. It's one of my favorite books. I haven't read the others, but they seem okay.:D
Post a Comment