I ended up starting it that night and finished in like three days since it was so short. There were definitely aspects that I liked about this book, but there were also things that stuck out and bothered me.
I really loved the aspects and storyline that Allie Carter created for this novel. I have always been a fan of heists and the intelligent minds behind them. I also really loved the characters, especially Kat and Hale, and found them to very likable and realistic. I have also always been a fan of history and traveling and I really appreciated how she pulled so much of that into the novel. For example, the museums and history of the art really absorbed me and strengthened the story.Although overall I did enjoy the novel, I was disappointed in the lack of twists, something I expected from a heist novel. It may have just been me, but I completely predicted how it would sum up and end, making the second half very boring and unsurprising for me.
I also found it to be a bit young for me. I love YA but feel this, along with her Gallagher Girls series, fall more in the younger end of the YA spectrum. This is only my opinion though, since I do know a few people older than me that have enjoyed it.
Overall, I did enjoy reading this and would say give it a go. But, I am glad I just borrowed it from the library since I don't plan on continuing the series any time soon. Comment below and let me know your opinions if you have read it, I love hearing the thoughts of those that see things differently than I did while reading. [:
Overall rating: 3 / 5 stars


























3 comments:
Yeah, I felt the same, the plot was very predictable. I recently read this, thought it wasn't bad I enjoyed Carter's Gallagher Girls series more. Great Review by the way! :)
I've haven't read this yet, but I've heard good things about it and you wrote an awesome review :)
P.S. I'm following your blog now & "Chasing Brooklynn" is an amazing book!
Same way I felt! I loved it, but it was bit predictable and no real brain twister. But I still plan on reading the second book, Uncommon Criminals!(:
Awesome review!
lisa
www.turningpages94.blogspot.com
Post a Comment