Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday [9] : New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish so head over there if you want more information or want to participate. This week is a top ten new-to-me authors. So for me, I am going to list the top ten authors that I read a work by them for the first time this year. And since it is a top ten, these are also authors that I want to read more from. The links below connect to their author page on Goodreads. :)  So here is my list:


1. Marjane Satrapi: after reading 'Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood'
2. Marie Lu: after reading 'Legend' and 'Prodigy'
3. Johan Harstad: after reading '172 Hours on the Moon
4. Marissa Meyer: after reading 'Cinder'
5. Katie McGarry: after reading 'Pushing the Limits'
6. Courtney Summers: after reading 'Fall for Anything'
7. Tahereh Mafi: after reading 'Shatter Me'
8. Cat Patrick: after reading 'Forgotten'
9. Gillian Flynn: after reading 'Gone Girl'
10. Jay Asher: after reading 'Thirteen Reasons Why'

I enjoyed being introduced to theses author's work this year and look forward to reading more from them in the coming year. High on the top of my list is 'Scarlet' by Marissa Meyer and 'Champion' by Marie Lu. Comment below if you have any recommendations of these author's work. :)

So there is my list as of now! Make sure to link your Top 10 Tuesday below, so I can stop by. Thanks! :)

7 comments:

Aly said...

Shatter Me is so wonderfully awesome. I can't wait until Ignite Me, I need to know how it all ends!

Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
My TTT

Ula said...

Yes for Meyer, love her. I read Lu and Mafi as well but first books were both a let down, so I doubt I'll read more of Lu. I think I'll continue with Mafi though.
Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Tahereh Mafi is on my list as well, I LOVE the Shatter Me series! I really want to read the Legend trilogy, the Pushing the Limits series and the Lunar Chronicles series. Great Top Ten!

Mary H said...

Love your list! Marissa, Katie, and Cat all made my list today too, and Marie and Tahereh are old favorites!

Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
My TTT

Unknown said...

Jay Asher was new to me too this year. Great list!

Anonymous said...

This is a great list! Katie McGarry and Marie Lu were both new to me this year too, LOVE both of them and their books! I have asked for Marissa Meyer's books for Christmas, so fingers crossed Santa brings them so I can get started on them! I also need to get started on Tahereh Mafi's books too! My list: http://wp.me/p3Ob7a-gS

Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm said...

Great list! I really need to read Marissa Meyer and Tahereh Mafi; their books sound amazing and I keep hearing great things about both. I really love the Legend series, excited for whatever Marie Lu does next. Also loved Thirteen Reasons Why, such a great book :) My TTT.

Post a Comment