
Length: 355 pages (hardcover)
Publication: April 17, 2011
Publisher: Little Brown
Source: borrowed from library
Overall rating: 3.5 / 5 stars
I had been seeing this go around a lot of blogs lately and even though it isn't my typical genre, I thought the suspense and thrill of it would be worth the read. The story follows three teenagers are they are given the chance to venture to the moon, after NASA hasn't been there in years.
I really loved the concept behind this story, it was unlike anything I had read before and I knew the mystery behind what they find at the moon would chill me to the bones. About half way through the story turns into a sci-fi, horror story, that left me creeped out after finishing it around midnight.
Initially I didn't really connect with the characters and found them ungrateful for the experience they were going to have, with Midori being the only exception. Mia and Antoine never really changed through the story and I would have liked some development from them. Fortunately, the plot made up for the lack luster characters. The writing also took me a bit getting used too, but I appreciated most of images and graphics that were thrown in the novel.
I don't want to give away anything about the twist at the end because knowing it before hand would take away from the creepiness of actually reading it, but I would definitely recommend this to horror and sci-fi fans that are looking for a young adult version. This isn't too gruesome or disturbing as a lot of other horror and I think that is a big reason I enjoyed it so much.
Overall, I wasn't too impressed with or connected to the characters in the story (which I usually need to enjoy a book) but luckily the plot twists and turns were enough to make up for it, and left me overall enjoyed the story.
























0 comments:
Post a Comment