Saturday, December 28, 2013
'Shades of Earth' by Beth Revis
Length: 369 pages (hardcover)
Publication Date: January 15, 2013
Publisher: Razorbill
Source: library
Overall rating: 4 / 5 stars
Since this is the third book in the Across the Universe series, this will be a very short and vague review of this book. If you have not started this series, check out my review of the first book, it is linked at the end of this post. Overall though I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who it interests, it has a great balance of mystery, sci-fi, space, and romance.
I really enjoyed this last book of the series, it wraps everything up very nicely and didn't leave me confused. I can often be critical of endings of series, but Revis didn't leave me needing more (in a good way). There are a lot of twists and turns in the storyline, just like with the first two, so it really kept my interested throughout.
The first two books did a great job overall of connecting me to the characters and really feeling for them, but I feel 'Shades of Earth' was a bit different in that it relied heavily on the plot. There are definitely pros and cons to both, but in the end I was happy with the tone of the story and was left very satisfied. I did get a bit frustrated with Amy and Elder in this book though, at times they seemed naive and like they hadn't learned anything from being on the ship, but by the end it was wrapped up well.
Overall I really enjoyed this series and if you have read the first two, I would highly recommend picking up the final book and finishing the series off. If you haven't started the series, I would recommend it to sci-fi and space travel fans.
You can check out my review of 'Across the Universe' by clicking here.
You can check out my review of 'A Million Suns' by clicking here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


























0 comments:
Post a Comment