Need a good summer book to read that is light, funny, yet rings completely true and honest?Then pick this up NOW!
This book at about a girl named Anna who is shipped over to Paris by her father, for her senior year of high school. Unsure at first, Anna finds herself feeling homesick and resenting her father for sending her there for her last year of high school. Slowly Anna starts to make friends and find a part of Paris' culture that she loves. Like any good trip to Paris, there is also a guy she meets and starts to fall for ...too bad he has a girlfriend.
This book was released in December 2010 by Dutton and is currently only available in hardcover. At 372 pages, this is the perfect book to pick up this summer when in need of a light, beach-y read.
Overall, this book is amazingly written and will definitely leave you wanting more. Perkins companion novel needs to come out sooner!
Overall rating: 4 / 5 stars
Photo credit: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6936382-anna-and-the-french-kiss
























3 comments:
I LOVE this book! I was a little put off at first by the title but I'm so glad I read this book. St. Clair...I heart him. I wish my parents would have shipped me off to boarding school in Paris! I speak as much French as Anna did in the beginning of the book and she did just fine! :)
My favorite quote from the book: "Girl Scouts didn't teach me what to do with emotionally unstable drunk boys" - pg 140
Jen at The Broke and the Bookish
I know just what you mean about ringing true and honest. This is the best example of contemporary fiction that I've read in a long time. Such a great book.
Everyone has been raving about this book. I need to get it! It sounds great.
Post a Comment