.png)
Recommend A... is hosted by Vy's Blog. Future Monday prompts can be found here as well as more information on this feature. All you have to do to join in is answer the week's prompt and add your link through Vy's current post.
This week's prompt is: Recommend A... Book That Made You Feel ALL The Feels. And for this I am going to recommend a book I read years ago, but was so emotional that I still think about it to this day.
'The Kite Runner' by Khaled Hosseini
Growing up in the city of Kabul in the early 1970s, Hassan was narrator Amir's closest friend even though the loyal 11-year-old with "a face like a Chinese doll" was the son of Amir's father's servant and a member of Afghanistan's despised Hazara minority.
But in 1975, on the day of Kabul's annual kite-fighting tournament, something unspeakable happened between the two boys. [Synopsis from Goodreads]
I really hope to read more of Khaled Hosseini's books in the future, since I have only heard good things about his others. 'The Kite Runner' is told through the perspective of a young child and I think that is huge factor that makes it so emotional, leaving the reader wanting to protect the innocence of children. If you haven't picked this one up, I would highly recommend it, but prepare for a whirlwind of emotions.
Comment below and let me know what you thought of 'The Kite Runner,' or if you hope to read it soon. Also leave a link to your Recommend A... post, if you participated this week.



























2 comments:
I have heard great things about this book, and it definitely sounds like the kind of story that would make you feel the feels. Plus, books that take place in different countries are always fascinating. Thanks for the recommendation - I really should pick this one up!
My Recommend A...: http://foreverliterary.blogspot.com/2014/01/recommend-book-that-made-you-feel-feels.html
I still haven't read The Kite Runner and really need to fix this. Thanks for the great recommendation :)
Post a Comment