Recommend A... is hosted by Vy's Blog. Future Monday prompts can be found here as well as more information on this feature. All you have to do to join in is answer the week's prompt and add your link through Vy's current post.
This week's prompt is: Recommend A... Book With a Musically Talented Character. I am going to recommend a book by author that I have really enjoyed the last few years, Lisa Schroeder.
'Far From You' by Lisa Schroeder
Years have passed since Alice lost her mother to cancer, but time hasn't quite healed the wound. Alice copes the best she can by writing her music, losing herself in her love for her boyfriend, and distancing herself from her father and his new wife.
But when a deadly snowstorm traps Alice with her stepmother and newborn half sister, she'll face issues she's been avoiding for too long. As Alice looks to the heavens for guidance, she discovers something wonderful.
Perhaps she's not so alone after all.... [Synopsis from Goodreads]
I have really enjoyed all of Lisa Schroeder's books that I have read and this was no exception. I loved that it was written in verse, an element that made it very powerful. This story follows Alice, who composes music for her church group as an outlet, through some struggles in her life.
Comment below and let me know what you thought of 'Far From You,' or if you hope to read it soon. Also leave a link to your Recommend A... post, if you participated this week.



























2 comments:
I've heard fantastic things about this author, and Far From You sounds intriguing. I love musical characters (music is a great outlet), and novels in verse are always so refreshing. Thanks for the recommendation - I may have to read this one now!
My Recommend A...: http://foreverliterary.blogspot.com/2014/01/recommend-book-with-musically-talented.html
I've only read a few of Lisa's books but I haven't read this one! Love how its about a composer.
Post a Comment