This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish so head over there if you want more information or want to participate. This week is a list of the top ten books that you feel that everyone has read but you. I limited my list to those I feel everyone in the blogging world but me has read, since some of these are as popular in mainstream. So here is my list:1. 'The Iron King' by Julie Kagawa: For some reason the whole fey genre does not appeal to me at all. But, I have heard good things about this series.
2. 'Shiver' by Maggie Stiefvater: This one I may give into soon since everyone seems to love it. Although I am also not really a huge fan on werewolves so I am still on edge.
3. 'Gone' by Michael Grant: This one just seems a bit young to me, but the concept is definitely intriguing. And I really do not like the covers either. ]:
4. 'Clockwork Angel' by Cassandra Clare: Haven't finished the Mortal Instruments series yet so I have even thought about this one yet. Hopefully I will pick up City of Glass soon though.
5. 'Hush, Hush' by Becca Fitzpatrick: I only seem to hear bad things about this one, so as of now I don't plan on ever picking this up.
6. 'Perfect Chemistry' by Simone Elkeles: I really want to read this one, but keep forgetting to pick it up. Hopefully my library will have it available soon because I really don't like the cover and don't have much of a desire to add it to my collection.
7. 'Marked' by PC and Kristin Cast: I have heard mixed things about this one, so I may pick it up at some point. BUt right now, I have too many vampire series that I am in the middle of.
8. 'Fallen' by Lauren Kate: This one does not seem to appeal to me at all. I hear the first in pretty okay but the series gets worse from there.
9. 'Matched' by Ally Condie: I really want to dive into this soon. I believe the second in the series is coming out soon, so I really need to get on top of this one.
AND
10. Pretty much everything by Sarah Dessen: I plan to pick up some more of her books soon, but right now I am not in a contemporary type of genre mood. [: I have only read 'Dreamland'
2. 'Shiver' by Maggie Stiefvater: This one I may give into soon since everyone seems to love it. Although I am also not really a huge fan on werewolves so I am still on edge.
3. 'Gone' by Michael Grant: This one just seems a bit young to me, but the concept is definitely intriguing. And I really do not like the covers either. ]:
4. 'Clockwork Angel' by Cassandra Clare: Haven't finished the Mortal Instruments series yet so I have even thought about this one yet. Hopefully I will pick up City of Glass soon though.
5. 'Hush, Hush' by Becca Fitzpatrick: I only seem to hear bad things about this one, so as of now I don't plan on ever picking this up.
6. 'Perfect Chemistry' by Simone Elkeles: I really want to read this one, but keep forgetting to pick it up. Hopefully my library will have it available soon because I really don't like the cover and don't have much of a desire to add it to my collection.
7. 'Marked' by PC and Kristin Cast: I have heard mixed things about this one, so I may pick it up at some point. BUt right now, I have too many vampire series that I am in the middle of.
8. 'Fallen' by Lauren Kate: This one does not seem to appeal to me at all. I hear the first in pretty okay but the series gets worse from there.
9. 'Matched' by Ally Condie: I really want to dive into this soon. I believe the second in the series is coming out soon, so I really need to get on top of this one.
AND
10. Pretty much everything by Sarah Dessen: I plan to pick up some more of her books soon, but right now I am not in a contemporary type of genre mood. [: I have only read 'Dreamland'
Now some of these I don't plan to read (#1, #5, #8) but some I just have not gotten around to or are unsure about. So comment below if there is one you love on this list and I may bump it up on my tbr pile. [:


























14 comments:
Hmm... I can understand Fallen. I really didn't like it. And it actually made me avoid Hush, Hush. I love House of Night (the series Marked is from) but that really depends on the individual. Is there a reason you aren't interested in The Iron King? I've been thinking of picking that up. Also, I've heard some real horror stories about Shiver... After I chose it as a free book at a big sale a few weeks ago. *sigh*
Perfect Chemistry seriously suffers from the awful cover problem. I thought it was a pretty good contemps novel though definitely filled with cliche.
I'm right there with you on Shiver and Hush Hush - something in their premises just doesn't quite get there.
Ooh, we have so many similar books! You should definitely read Dessen's books. I love all of the ones I've read, EXCEPT for Dreamland, ironically. Haha, I practically hated Dreamland. Great list! :)
Sophia
My Top Ten :)
I read my first Sarah Dessen a few months ago and fell in love.
Shiver is wonderful. It's one of my favorites. So well written. I'm not a big werewolf fan either, but the writing makes the book.
You know..I dont care about Fey either, but everyone was reading the Iron King series so I picked it up and really liked it. It has its slow moments but was worth the read. Hush Hush I like..I would have never picked it up but was in the hospital for a week and it was the only interesting book available in the gift shop..I loved it!Fallen, I picked up hoping it would keep my interest as Hush Hush did, I made it thru it and then went on to read the second one Torment..it is laying on my dining room table still only half read..neither one did anything for me
I didn't get insanely hooked on The Iron Fey from the first book. I kind of felt the first book was alright, but after the first I became addicted. I really liked Shiver and I'm not a werewolve person. It could be a little slow at times though. I gave Fallen a good review on my blog, well, somewhat of a good review, but Hush, Hush is way better. I haven't bothered reading the rest of the Fallen series since and I'm not sure I ever will.
My Top 10 Tuesday!
I have Fallen and Perfect Chemistry on my list too and amazingly I have both on my TBR shelf. Some day!
I really loved the Iron Fey series! I've never read an Sarah Dessen, either. :)
I am totally with you on the Iron King series. I can't even deal with the fey stuff but I have heard such good things. I tried but it was just not for me.
My Top Ten: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/top-ten-tuesday-5.html
Matched is also one of the books on my list! It really does sound intriguing and it's definitely been getting good reviews. :)
we must be feeling the pressure to read the same books :) kaye—the road goes ever ever on
I have Matched on my list as well. I started it, but thought it was pretty boring and just couldn't get into it, which is a shame. Hopefully I can pick it up again soon.
Books of Amber
From these, I've read only Hush Hush, which I don't recommend & Perfect Chemistry, which was good!
I haven't read Matched, either.
You should definitely read the Iron King, though! The series gets better with each book. :)
Post a Comment