So I picked this up on a whim a little bit ago, mainly because it was cheap at my used book store. I think I got it for like $3 and wasn't really expecting much from it. The synopsis on the back was enough to pull me in though, it sounded very different and just the type of book I was in the mood to read.Luckily, I was very pleasantly surprised by this, I ended up loving it. It felt so realistic and I loved the real issues that it dealt with. It was a story of acceptance, forgiveness and finding yourself.
I loved the tone it was written in as well, it was both serious when it needed to be but also light and sarcastic. Cronn-Mills captured the essence of the characters so well that I felt they were real. The main character, Morgan, was beautifully written and always left me laughing with her quirks. And what is there to say about Rob, other than he is completely swoon worthy.
Unlike a lot of contemporary novels these days, I loved how the whole story wasn't about some love interest that the main character was dreaming over. Instead it had a great amount of family and friends within it and the main climax of the story actually was very emotional and had to do with her family.
I don't want to give away too much though. I think that may have been a little bit of the reason I loved it so much, no one had given me any spoilers that could ruin the story for me. Instead, I was completely surprised and sucked into the story the whole way.
Overall, I do not have anything bad to say about this one, but wish Cronn-Mills had more books out. I definitely recommend this to all contemporary YA readers, but will say that sex is talked about in an honest and frank way so just make sure you are okay with that before picking it up. I loved this so much that it has already become one of my favorites for the year. [:
Overall rating: 5 / 5 stars


























0 comments:
Post a Comment