This week is a top ten list of books that every teen should read. So I am just going to jump right into my list. I'm sure I forget some important ones, but this is my list for now.1. 'A Separate Peace' by John Knowles
2. 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green
3. 'Speak' by Laurie Halse Anderson
4. 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee
5. 'The Giver' by Lois Lowry
6. 'The Outsiders' by S.E Hinton
7. 'Crank' by Ellen Hopkins
8. 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell
10. 'Night' by Elie Wiesel
So I was thinking of explaining why every teen should read these, but I just couldn't do them justice. They are all amazing and left an impact of knowledge with me when I read them that I still to this day think back to them.
Make sure to leave a link below to your top ten Tuesday so I can make sure to stop by and look at your recommendations. If you aren't up for doing a post, or don't blog, please leave at least a few below in the comments. Thanks!


























10 comments:
I have not read any of these! so sad. But "the great gatsby" is on my shelf waiting to be read.
Some good ones here , I went with more Contemporary Edgier Teen Novels :)
I have Speak on my list and Ellen Hopkins though I went with her book Impulse.
New Follower
http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com/2011/07/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-should-be-on.html
Agree with everything on your list and include several on mine. Ten just isn't enough for should reads.
Your list is a nice combination of classic and contemporary!
I completely forgot about A Separate Peace ... it belongs on my top ten list of teen reads.
These lists are making me want to re-read the classics. It's been quite awhile since I read To Kill a Mockingbird and The Great Gatsby. Never got around to #1, 9 & 10 on your list - interesting choices!
+JMJ+
For some reason, A Separate Peace and The Catcher in the Rye square off against each other in my mind--and of course, A Separate Peace is my favourite. ;-) I wish it were better known.
+JMJ+
I forgot the link to mine:
Top Ten Books That Should Be Required Reading . . .
There are definitely some classics on your list. I love Gatsby. I really like your buttons and graphics.
Come visit me at The Scarlet Letter.
I have several John Green books on my shelves...but I haven't read any of them yet *chagrin* I've seen him on a lot of these lists, so I think it's time to move him up my TBR!
Post a Comment