Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, July 8, 2011

TGIF [2]: 07/08/2011

TGIF was started over at GReads! where the blogger re-caps their posts during the past week and answers the question that is proposed for that specific Friday. If you would like to check out my post from last Friday, you can do so here.

Blogger Confession: What's the last book you could not finish? (or had a hard time finishing?)
Well, let's see. Hmm. I think it would have to be 'Twelve' by Nick McDonell. About a week or two ago I featured it in a teaser tuesday, but about a day later I stopped reading it. I only made it about a fourth of the way into the book and then stopped. For that specific book, it wasn't because I hated it or didn't like the story, but instead for another reason. I had picked up the book for a dollar at my Borders as it closed, even though I had just watched the movie adaptation a week before. I mean it was only a dollar, right? [:

I did enjoy the movie but as I tried to read it I got a little bored since everything that happened was so fresh in my brain. I will pick it up again in the future, but probably not for awhile. Other than that, there hasn't been books I couldn't finish, I usually do so much research on a book and know I will at least be able to read it through and enjoy an aspect of it.

And now for the re-cap of my last week of posts. I was slacking a bit since I did move and everything is packed away. Click on each to be taken that specific post:

1. Review: The Summoning by Armstrong
2. Random: Happy Independence Day
3. Meme: It's Monday! What are you reading?
3. Meme: Waiting on Wednesday

Feel free to comment below with your answer to the question if you aren't up for doing a post. Otherwise definitely leave a link to you TGIF and link it through GReads! so that I can make sure to check yours out as well.

6 comments:

Jules said...

I don't think I have heard of Twelve...

I'm going to go and take a look at your Kelly Armstrong review, that is a series that I really want to read!

Asheley T. said...

I've never (as far as I can remember) been able to finish a book after I have seen the movie. I'm doing a Twilight Re-Read Along with some other bloggers now, and I am having a hard time not picturing the characters as the actors and the book scenes as the scenes of the movie. When I finish Twilight, I think it will be the first time I finish a book after seeing a movie. Yay for me! (This is why I'm so neurotic about reading books before seeing movies at all costs. After seeing the movie, I have a hard time with the book...)

I totally understand why you put that book down. Maybe when you pick it back up, it'll be easier for you to read. :)

Anonymous said...

Ive never heard of 12 either, but I think Ive seen the movie on my Netflix...;)

Tee said...

Hi! my first TGIF and I am so excited! I love the lists of all the bad books people have read..some I agree with and some I think.." Ohh I love that book" Thats what is great, so many choices out there for all us different people! New Follower also

Kiwi Ivashkov said...

I want in on the haven't-heard-of-12-either Club!
Ditto @ SweetestLittleBookworm! A movie just messes with your imagination and makes the book hard for me to read! :/
Here is my TGIF

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

I hope that by reading reviews and learning from reading a lot which types of books I do and don't like, I can have less DNFs :)

Post a Comment