
THE HUNGER GAMES
So I was a bit hesitant to pick this up, worried that it might be a bit young for me and something I couldn't relate to. But, I was completely wrong. This book, as well as the series, is great for any age. The character and plot development was absolutely amazing that I could not put it down. The speed of the book was perfect, with never a dull moment, and is still the only book I've been so pulled into and finished in one day. It was completely worth staying up until 3am.
CATCHING FIREUsually I am a bit disappointed in the second of a series, but this was an exception. It was just as fast paced and action packed, that I could not put it down either. This one was full of even more great plot twists and secrets that I wasn't expecting. The one and only aspect I didn't really love was the fact that part of the plot was similar to the first. I don't want to say more than that; to make sure I don't give away any spoilers. This one left with such a cliffhanger that I wanted to pick the final book right up.
MOCKINGJAYI thought this final book was a little bit slow to start, but luckily picked up about half way in. The book was just as absorbing and page turning as the others. I loved the action and twists within this as well and really liked how she summed up this world and the characters within it. The only thing I wasn't too happy with was how she led Katniss to pick between Peeta and Gale. I really wanted her to have some revelation about her feelings, but my interpretation was that after the ending, she really couldn't be with one after his actions. But overall, it was amazing and a great ending to this story of Panem.
Overall trilogy rating: 4.5 / 5 stars


























4 comments:
hmm, sounds interesting..... How much time did you took to read all the three books?? Just curious to know... :-).
Ummm...lets see
First book - one day
Second book - two days
Third book - i believe about four days
so overall, about a week to finish the trilogy.
[:
thanks for stopping by my blog
that's very quick. I tried to read a novel for the first time when I was 15 but the very first experience was not at all good. I read half of the book in one day but later on I just got fed up. That book was not at all happening. Since then I never tried to read any other novel. Then I gave that book to one of my friends to read and believe me her reaction was the same as mine was. But now I'm thinking to give novels another chance.
Love these books! I'm making my Dad read them before the movie comes out. The wait between each book was killer. What a wonderful trilogy.
Post a Comment