Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, April 24, 2011

'City of Bones' by Cassandra Clare


So I just finished reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare the other night and thought it'd be a good book to start off my reviews on. Now I am not going to give a summary of the book or even post what the back of the book says. I am not doing this mainly because we all pretty much know what this is about and if not, that summary can easily be found online. Instead I am going to go straight into my review.

To be honest, I didn't really like this book for about the first two hundred or so pages, but luckily it picked up and I ended up enjoying it. I think the main reason I was turned off was because of Clary, I found her to be very annoying and argumentative in the beginning. I also didn't find much about her personality to relate to, something I need to feel connected to a character.

After I got over my problems with Clary I really started to enjoy the book and by the end wanted to go out and grab the next.

I would recommend this to anyone that is interested in the sci-fi type novels, since it heavily involves another 'side' of our world, filled with Shadowhunters, demons, werewolves, vampires, and much more.

Overall rating: 4 / 5 stars
photo credit: http://www.mortalinstruments.com/book-bones.php
Recommend for: YA paranormal and fantasy fans

2 comments:

Karla said...

Hiya :) I'm reading this at the moment, well I've borrowed the paperback off my sister and so far I think it's going to be one of those series that really grips me from the beginning - I really love this type of thing. I'm reading slowly because I prefer to read hardbacks and have the whole series in hardback on order! haha. Your blogs wonderful by the way :)

Karla @ overturnedpages.blogspot.com

Let's Evaluate said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. The Mortal Instruments is definitely one that can easily pull you in, so I am sure you'll enjoy it. [:

Thanks, love your blog as well.

Post a Comment